Microsoft Internship Programs for Students in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Natural User Interfaces enable users to interact with a computer using speech, gestures, and expressions.
- Next-Generation Multimedia allows people to search for and to be immersed in interactive online shopping, education, meeting, and entertainment activities.
- Data-Intensive Computing explores the new infrastructures, algorithms, tools, and applications to collect, analyze, and mine results for data-intensive business in both the consumer and enterprise sectors.
- Search and Online Ads take Web search and online advertising to the next level by applying data-mining, machine-learning, and knowledge-discovery techniques to information analysis, organization, retrieval, and visualization.
- Computer Science includes areas such as theoretical computer science (theory), systems, networking, and machine learning that will have an impact on multiple applications and products.
Internship Program Requirements
- A match between interns’ interests and Microsoft Research Asia’s projects and goals
- A time commitment of at least three months
To be eligible for internships, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree
- Major in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or a related field
- Have solid computer programming and research capabilities
- Have strong written and verbal English skills
Download Application Form: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/jobs/intern/asia-pacific/msra_intern_application_form.xls
Internship offers to successful candidates will be made approximately two weeks to a month following the interview. More information about work visas, travel plans, and living arrangements will be discussed at that time.