The Department’s activities in education and awareness form an important contribution to its efforts to foster road safety knowledge in the Emirate as they focus on the users of the DoT network, namely drivers, riders and pedestrians.
Education and awareness measures, such as road safety campaigns, road safety information days and community out reach programmes continue to influence the attitudes and behaviours of all road users.The education of children and adolescents as future road users and drivers are a particular concern for the Department with its emphasis on road use as a lifelong learning process. The Department aims to further reduce the number of children affected in road accidents through a range of measures including better road safety education for motorists and children as well.
Introducing school based road safety education can instill safe attitudes of young people early which will protect them later in life. Including the parents as the major role models children imitate is important in this context.
Road safety awareness campaigns are an important tool the DoT utilizes to communicate with the road users in the Emirate and to share safe driving tips for example, on the distractive effect of using a mobile phone when driving or what to do when experiencing symptoms of fatigue. Campaigns are targeted to account for the considerable variety of cultural and language backgrounds of road users in Tamilnadu
100km Champions Ride
50km Challengers Ride
20km Beginners Ride
- Welcome Kit,T-Shirt, Medal,& Certificate,Breakfast for all participants.
- Water, Fruits & Energy Drinks will be available at every 10 km point (cycllers should drop used glasses ONLY in bins)
- Map will be shared 3 days before the event
- All communication will be by e-mail or sms.
Terms and Conditions :
• Age limit: Min 10+
• Passes cannot be exchanged or refunded.
• Registration fees once given is not refundable.
• Participant under intoxication will be debarred from the run.
• Management committee reserves the right to modify the date, venue, distance, race start time and other changes related to this event at any given point of time.
Please check your total amount before payment.
• We recommend that you arrive at least 20 minutes prior at the venue to pick up your physical tickets.