Futuristic. Edgy. Powerful.
The machines rose from the dust. Their war to exterminate the weak has raged for the past three editions, But this next level battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, In our Present. Pedal up your adrenaline to become the ultimate Champion in the Himalayan trails… The last month of 2017 calls the Biking aficionados from across the globe to gear up to test yourself against the best – WTH BIKING CHALLENGE [EDITION IV] The route have been polished up. Brace yourself as the trails makes its debut to challenge, to daunt, to threaten; all the while being gnarly and worth it. The sights will take your breath away and the riding will definitely get you stoked. With some of the most varied trails we have ever ridden so far, this is set to be a one of the best yet!
It is not only about the altitude or elevation. Here the cards are being held by technical, wild and virgin trails – one of the best of its kind in the Himalayan turf.
It’s December and we are back with our customary Annual Event. The phenomenal success of WTH Biking Challenge editions has set the ball rolling and enthusiasm is palpable in the air! This year for our Fourth Edition we aspire to take it to another level in terms of Participant demographics, trail complexity, magnitude, speed, drama, action and execution.
30 November to 3 December 2017 is going to witness a grandiose event with the stalwart cyclists biking on out of the ordinary trail. It is the benchmark event for atmosphere, innovation and organisation.
Below you will find a detailed itinerary of our spectacular mountain bike adventure (aka ‘Ride’) for this chilly December.
How to Reach?
Train: Sampark Kranti or Ranikhet Express. Board the train from Old Delhi station and get down at Kathgodam. From Kathgodam station hire a cab to Kosi Valley Retreat which will take around 3 hours.
Day 0: 30th Nov – Registration day All Riders need to reach at our resort Kosi Valley Retreat, Almora, Uttarakhand post 3.00 pm. Check in the tents and later in the evening we will have briefing session about the ride followed by dinner near the bonfire.
Day 1: 1st Dec – Flag off | Aeradev [50 Km]
Gear up for Day 1 to Aeradev. The beginning 25 km is gradual uphill to Udri village to enjoy the panoramic visage of the resolute Himalayas and spot the towering peaks of Nanda Ghunti and Panchchuli. As you make you make your way up the village into the pine forest over the ridge, this unbelievable sweeping view of the valley welcomes you. You will fall love with this peaceful valley, alive with prosperous villages, friendly people, bountiful crops, crystal clean river, rolling mountains, chattering.
The next 4km gradual descent through pine valleys and ridges, rhododendron filled pathways, dense ancient Deodhars and countless Himalayan views, brings you to a holy Aeradev temple atop a hill. The last 2km lap to Jhandigar overlooks Someshwar Valley and hidden beyond the small mountains emerges the giants, Trishul, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti, Chaukhamba and their ilk. Back to the resort.
Day 2: 2nd Dec – Gananath Route 30 Km.
This route passes through dense rhododendron forest. It’s a mix terrain of Single and Jeep track.
An old Shiva temple on a ridge top commanding surreal views of the entire Himalayan range in Kumaon and all popular hill stations around. This route includes 3 km of hiking accompanied by single track road. Back to the resort. Evening we would have the closing ceremony and prize distribution.
Day 3: 3rd Dec – Check out
It’s time to wish adios to the royal forest of Deodhar trees, the blissfully undiluted silence, the crisp air laden with the scent of pines, and finally the enthralling ambiance of the Himalayan range and leave by train from Kathgodam to Delhi.
Accommodation: Triple sharing in Tents
- What does it include?
- Race Participation
- Accommodation & food from 30th November 2017 (dinner) to 3rd December 2017 (breakfast)
- Technical support & nutrition during the race
- Backup support, rescue & medical services during the race
- All travelling during the event
- Above all, an unforgettable adventure
Available at additional cost –
- Bike Rental – Rs. 1000 per day per cyclist
- Transportation to and from race venue.
What does it not include?
- Your travel expense till Kosi Valley Retreat, Almora Uttarakhand on the start of the event from Delhi.
- Your travel expenses from Kosi Valley Retreat to Delhi on the last day of the event.
- Any kind of damage to the cycle, the repairing cost would have to be borne by the cyclist
- Any extra or miscellaneous expenses during the event.
- Air Fare-Train Fare
- Medical expenses or Insurance of any kind.
- Tips, Laundry, wine, liquors, items of personal nature.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per program and any extra running would be charged.
- Any expense arising out of unforeseen circumstances, strike or any other natural calamities or emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any other item not included in the cost section.
- Participants would have to reach Kosi Valley Retreat by 30th Nov by evening.
- The Departure would be on 3rd Dec post breakfast.
- This package is inclusive of all meals from 30th Nov dinner to breakfast on 3rd Dec.
- Participants will have to arrange transport to reach Kosi Valley Retreat. WTH would assist post knowing the exact group size.
- 4’o clock will be the cut off timing for the race on both the days.
- Every participation is commendable and valuable. Giveaways that make the race special
- Participation certificate,
- And loads of memories and sense of accomplishment which is priceless!
- The ride is a great way to get connected to other bike-friendly and bike-curious folks across the country.
So treat yourself and your all-mountain/free ride bike to the raw beauty and awesome thrills of mountain biking on the trails of the Rockies!