If you are a team of drone-geeks willing to build innovative solutions, here’s the launch pad that you’ve been waiting for!
Cyient Ltd and DJI invite you to participate in Hackadrone 2018—India’s first UAV hackathon, sponsored by Microsoft and the Telangana State Government.
We are calling on all developers to create innovative commercial and industrial solutions on the DJI industrial drone platform. Using DJI’s powerful Software Development Kit (SDK), you will demonstrate the value of your concept and its potential to redefine industry practices.
This hackathon is NOT about building DIY (do-it-yourself) drones. Multiple drone platforms for your use and expert help on SDK will be available during the hackathon.
Hackadrone 2018 is open to start-ups, independent software programmers, developers, senior IT professionals, and technology students.
- Hackadrone is about software application development (not hardware) using DJI’s drone platforms and DJI’s SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Participants are expected to choose the optimal DJI drone platform for their solution and study the appropriate DJI SDK for development.
- Hackadrone is neither about building DIY (do-it-yourself) drones, nor is a recreational/hobby flying competition.
- Participating teams should have a maximum of three members with complementary skills to develop and demonstrate their solution.
- All DJI drone platforms that are chosen will be made available by Cyient during the event.
- Intellectual property related to the idea/solution remains with the contestants.
- If participating teams would like a laptop provided, they should request it at the time of registration.
- Accommodation, boarding, lodging, and travel expenses for the invited teams will be borne by Cyient.
- The participants should be able to travel to the Cyient campus in Hyderabad, and be available from February 5th through the 9th to develop and demonstrate their solution.