THack is returning to Bangalore … Register to win your share of US$10,000 (or more) in cash and other prizes for your innovation in digital travel. Join Tnooz, our sponsors and participating web developers as we change the face of travel in a weekend hackathon. It’s FREE to compete.
Sponsors are leading travel distribution and technology companies, including HolidayIQ.com and Travelport, plus others to be announced soon.
At the core of hackathon are best-of-breed coded products or tools that address one of four “challenges” facing travelers and the travel industry. Tnooz will award cash prizes to two winning teams, and the competitors will award a separate prize for the best “crowd-sourced” project.
Tier 1 sponsors of THack also will award prizes to the best use of their company’s API. Travelport already has created the special two-month “Travelport Challenge,” a prize valued at US$7,000 for the solution that makes the best use of its API.
You can register here for THack @ Bangalore if you are participating in the Travelport Challenge.
Here’s what you can expect:
Developers, travel industry experts, entrepreneurs sharing ideas in a creative, collaborative competition
FREE access co-working space and wifi internet access at HolidayIQ offices
4 industry “challenges” to make traveling more compelling, easier and fun:
Travel wear? Create an innovation with wearable tech that tracks and shares travel
Wings, wheels & beyond: Build a travel experience to India or from India using 3 or more modes of transport to complete the journey
Personalization: cool, not creepy: Combine profile data, geo-location and social media to create a personalized travel experience
Think mobile, act local … Build a mobile application that supports and enhances the traveler’s journey … somewhere in India
Three cash prizes for best projects:
- US$1,000 to an individual or team of 2 developers
- US$1,000 to a team of 3 to 5 developers
- US$1,000 to a “people’s choice” winner, crowd-sourced by vote of the particpants
- Other prizes to be announced
- Judging panel of travel, tech and investment experts
- No team? No worries. We’ll give you the chance to form or join a team before hacking
You need to bring:
- Open APIs (maps, social media, etc.), public databases, coding skills
- Device for 5-minute presentation to judges
- Coffee/refreshments, lunch, dinner provided
- Participants (individuals and ALL team members) must register and will be provided information on sponsor APIs and customized prizes
- Teams must be present to participate (no virtual projects will be presented)
- Space for up to 100 developers … register early, we’ll have a waiting list
Register Now: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/thack-bangalore-2014-tickets-13421196159