What Lies Before You?
AstraX 2019 is the first ever edition of the annual Astro-Meet of Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi. This astro-meet is being organised by the Space Technology and Astronomy Cell (STAC), IIT Mandi, and aims to bring some of the most brilliant minds of the country under one umbrella to explore the different realms of astrophysics, astronomy, cosmology.
What AstraX has in store for you?
Gear up for the best you will ever witness!
● Enigma – A five-hour astronomical hackathon
● Messier Marathon – A Messier Object Hunt
● Infinitesimal Abyss - A Paper Presentation Event
● Celesta - All-Night Astrophotography
● The Gordian Knot - An AstroQuiz
● Shooting Stars – Online Astrophotography
Workshop on Satellite Modelling:
Space Development Nexus will be conducting an aero-satellite workshop that will provide the students with an opportunity to experience the design life cycle of an aerospace system, including complete designing of a miniature satellite from scratch.
The mega-event will be graced by the presence of the proficient people of the Technical World which includes:
● Dr. Rathnasree Nandivada: The director of the Nehru Planetarium, Dr Rathnasree is an enthusiastic professional-amateur astronomer and works tirelessly for the promotion of amateur astronomy in India.
● Dr Chandra Kant Mishra: Assistant Professor at Physics Department, IIT Madras. Prof. Mishra is a member of LIGO India and is a co-author of the paper titled “Observation of Gravitational Waves from a Binary Black Hole Merger” on the basis of which Nobel Prize in Physics 2017 was awarded.
● Juan Luis Cano Rodríguez: An Aerospace Engineer, currently works at Satellogic. Juan is a Python Professor at Instituto Empresa and Barcelona Technology School. He has published several open source packages and is the chair of Python España association.
● Dr. Redouane Boumghar: A data scientist, Dr. Boumghar is a research fellow in Data Mining and Artificial Intelligence at European Space Agency and AI and Robotics Mentor at NASA Frontier Development Lab.
For More Details: