GITAM National Workshop on Ornithopter Design & Fabrication on July 27-28, 2012
Start Date : July 27, 2012
End Date : July 28, 2012
GITAM UNIVERSITY, Rudraram, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
View Map – http://goo.gl/maps/HjSe
Last Dates for Events Registration: 23/07/2012
Fest Website Link: http://www.gitam.edu/Hyderabad/aboutus.aspx
Delegates will be provided board and accommodation in the university hostels on payment if they so desire. However, they are requested to inform well in advance. Participants are expected to take care of their own travel arrangements.
UG & PG Students, Academicians, Teachers, Professors, Researchers, Scientists, and Industrialists.
About the Workshop
Man has always been interested in flying like birds. In Hindu as well as Greek mythology, we come across man flying or attempting to fly like a bird. The Pushpaka Vimana and Icarus’ failed adventure are examples of humans’ interest in bird flight. An ornithopter is modern man’s attempt at flying like a bird. It is an aircraft that flies by flapping its wings like a bird. This workshop looks at this correlation between birds and ornithopters and aims at understanding the various concepts of such flights — the underlying physics, design, features, launching techniques, aerodynamics, stability, and efficiency.
* Nathan Chronister, CEO-Ornithopter Zone, USA on ornithopters
* Workshop conducted by Professionals of lIT Kanpur
* Pavan Kumar Ponnaganti Director of SKYFI Labs Max Plank Institute For Dynamics Goettingen, Germany.
* Asish Pollapothu, Dept of Aerospace Engineering,IIT Kanpur.
• Exposure to multi disciplinary content behind ornithopters
• Introduction to opportunites in research on Flapping Wing Micro Air Vehicles – Ornithopters
• Exposure to innovative projects in the field of Mini and Micro AirVehicles
• Complete ornithopter fabricated by the students
• Demonstration of different configurations of remote controlled Mini Air Vehicles
• Certificates issued to all participants
• Career guidance by experienced faculty
Contact Persons & Email Ids:
Dr. M. Praveen Kumar
Y. D. Dwivedi Shri.
Ch. Koteshwara Rao