Film Making Workshop in New Delhi from Sep 8 – Nov 3, 2013
Shri Ram Centre of Arts & Culture,
Shafdar Hasmi Marg,
behind Mandi House Metro Station,
Mandi House, New Delhi,
Start Date: September 8, 2013
End Date: November 3, 2013
Learn Filmmaking by doing practical from day one.
Write, shoot & edit 4 short films of your own and assist others in 20 student film projects as crew member in two months of intensive, weekend Filmmaking Workshop.
You have an inclination, you have imaginations. You have an interesting story to share. But always wondered – what it takes to make a beautiful, slick entertaining film of your own, and enter in the world of Film-Making.
Now you can dare to make your own Films!!!
For a film enthusiasts like you, an intensive short term course has been designed and developed by the Institute of Moving Images – the Film School to impart theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the craft of film-making and to familiarize you with all aesthetic aspects to appreciate Cinema as an art form and enable you with expertise to make your own, low cost, four Short films during the short tenure of the course.
More specifically, here you will be taken through the entire process of filmmaking. IMI faculty, who are industry professionals, will demystify the craft of film production and challenge you to master the art of visual story telling. You will acquire and apply knowledge in Script Writing, Production Designing, Cinematography, Directing & Post Production while making series of four exercise films independently and also assisting others in their productions.
Your films will be assessed critically in the class by our faculty. The students apply the experience gained through constructive discussion with them in their next exercise and the learning process continues.
The combination of non-stop collaborative work, diverse experiences and shared passion for cinema, makes IMI Filmmaking Foundation Certificate Program enriching, exciting and rewarding creative experience, you can ever have.
Upon successful completion of the program, students receive Certificate after they make their final film of 10-15 minutes duration on HDV camera.
The course will be conducted by IMI faculty who are FTII alumni and working Film industry professionals from Mumbai.
Unique Features of IMI Short-term Film making Workshop
- Learn Film making while working / studying
- Ideal for film enthusiasts, students and working professionals
- No previous experience of film making required
- Affordable Fees
- Faculty of high profile, working industry professionals from Mumbai
- Hands-on training to make short films or documentaries
- Students write, shoot & edit 4 short films of their own & assist others in 20 students’ film projects as crew member
- Final project of 10-15 minutes with HDV Camera
- Feedback by industry professionals
- Certificate and DVD show reel on successful completion of the course
- Informal screening of your final film for your invited guests
- Recommended for all those film enthusiasts who want to know more about working behind the camera
- Must for the students who want to test self-aptitude before applying for specialization in Filmmaking.
- Provides complete overview to those who want to make considered choice about a career in highly rewarding film & TV industry
- Students gain entry level job in Production house / TV Channels
- IMI Workshop provides creative and collaborative skills that can be useful in any vocation
More Information: http://www.imi-filmschool.org/programs/short_term_course_curriculum.php