IAMCR 2014 – Conference in Hyderabad from July 15-19, 2014
Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre
Andhra Pradesh – 500007
Start Date: July 15, 2014
End Date: July 19, 2014
- Conference dates: July 15-19, 2014
- Registrations Open: December 21, 2013
- Online submission of Abstracts: January 28, 2014
- Abstract Review Results: March 08, 2014
- Early Bird Registrations: March 25, 2014
- Finalisation of Conference Programme: April 18, 2014
- Online Registration closes : May 26, 2014
- Deadline for full paper submissions: May 28, 2014
The International Association for Media and Communication Research – IAMCR – is the preeminent worldwide professional organisation in the field of media and communication research.
Its members promote global inclusiveness and excellence within the best traditions of critical scholarship in the field.
The conference theme seeks to explore the dynamics of media systems, communication patterns and organizational relationships within this new “framing” of region as a physical and conceptual category. The theme thus lends itself to panels and papers dealing with a wide range of specific sub-themes and topics. These may include:
•What are the politics that drive media discourse, organization and economics?
•What kind of presence is at all possible in this redefined regional space, and how does region become a real and imagined construct across new media presences?
•What sorts of practices then become key to media and communication spaces enclosed in or defined by this new frame?
IAMCR 2014 is being held in Hyderabad, India. The theme for this year’s conference is Region as Frame: politics, presence, practice. The conference is being co-hosted by the University of Hyderabad, and The English and Foreign Languages University.